Bow ties have been around since the dawn of the gentleman….so to speak. That could be inaccurate but it’s nice to think that it has. However, in recent years bow ties have risen to popularity it seems. It’s not just for weddings anymore as it use to be in the past or any other formal occasion. The skill in tying a bow tie for anyone to have is a great one to have and you stand out in a crowd if you have one on. So, we found some instructions to help us and you learn how to tie that magnificent bow tie.
- You want to start with the bowtie lying face up.
- Adjust the bowtie so that the right side is shorter than the left. From here on out we will refer to the end on the left as A and the end on the right as B.
- Now move A to the right side, across B.
- Bring A under B and up through the neck loop.
- At the joint, fold B towards the right and then towards the left to create a bow shape.
- Bring A straight down over the middle of the bow shape.
- Fold A back towards the chest and pinch the fold.
- Push the pinched end through the loop behind B.
- Pull on the folded parts of the bow to tighten and adjust until both sides are balanced.