We all know that your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life and one of the most stressful. When it comes to the photography of your wedding it all comes down to time and photographing what you want. So we came up with a few tips to help you make your wedding photography go smoothly and stress-free.
- Tell your photographers of any “must have” photos – This is a chance to let your photographer know what is important to you.
- Meet with your photographers ahead of time to make/discuss the plan for the day – This is a great time to let your photographers know of a schedule for the day. Where everyone will be and when.
- Allot a minimum of 30 minutes for portraits between the ceremony & reception – This moment in time is usually when your photographer can get those group photos that your family would like to have. Also, this is a chance for you two to get your first portraits as a married couple.
- Explain to your wedding party how important photos are and ask for their cooperation – When it comes to photographing the wedding party we always hear about the “Are we done yet”, “Can we go now”, “We’re tired” coming from the bridesmaids and groomsmen. This is YOUR day not theirs. Explaining to them that their cooperation is key will help this portion of the photography to go by faster and with ease.
- Don’t try to micro-manage your photographer. You hired them, let them do their job
- Be willing to try some fun, quirky photos – This is your chance for you and your wedding party to have some fun, let loose and be yourselves.
- Stay on schedule as much as humanly possible – As long as you follow your plan for the day you are doing great and will be right on point!
- Communicate with your photographers about what is going on throughout the day – Communication is always key. If something has to change let your photographer’s know.
- BONUS – Remember to HAVE FUN! You’re getting married to your life partner!
For more information about wedding photography, contact us with the form below: